The best golf resorts in the United States, Europe, Mexico and the Caribbean can be your choice for your next vacation. Take a naked vacation with a train and a game! So many package deals are available to make your trip much more than a break from your routine. Holiday vacation will be a practical experience to improve your golf game, enjoying a phenomenally calm and luxurious atmosphere and a visit to a different country or another country! This planning guide will take you to some of the best rated golf resorts in the world.
Whether you end up booking for yourself or through an experienced golf travel specialist, start your research online, where you can find premium golf courses and bargains. Prices, resort amenities and golf course details are available. But look further for packages that include plane tickets, hotel accommodation and green fees to get your best value. The typical packaged Golf Resort Vacation will include most of these features:
- airline tickets
- Resort accommodation
- Confirmed Tee Times
- Prepaid green fees
- Shared cart for 18 holes
- Equipment rental
- Golf lessons
- Dining in exclusive restaurants
- Transfers to the course
- Transfers to the airport
- All taxes and service fees
The golf courses are planned in a wonderful environment, where you can find a sea breeze or a view of lush vegetation, and you can combine golf with other resort amenities to ensure a well-rounded holiday.
For example, try one of the many glamorous Club Med Golf resorts with beautiful fairways in the most memorable, inviting places around the world. Club Med offers offers, including the best equipment and golf lessons for all levels! Its locations include Cancun, Mexico, and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Other places cover the world: Turks and Caicos, Mauritius, Portugal, France, Italy, Brazil, Thailand, Morocco, Egypt, Senegal, and in the United States – Sandpiper Bay, Florida.
Scotland has some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world and there are about 100 resorts called “golf hotels” among the golf courses with 500 plus throughout the country. The most famous are Turnberry, Gleneagles and The Old Course Hotel St. Andrews. Each has a spa, leisure facilities, excellent restaurants and golf training packages for all levels.
Mexico has many golf resorts located in luxurious coastal areas. There are golf resorts in Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos. Mexico also has its own champion version of Baja at California’s famous golf resort, Pebble Beach, called Bajamar, just a few hours from San Diego’s Ensenada.
For the United States, check online for some of the golf resorts offered by key magazines such as Golflinkwho publishes Top 100 golf courses in the United States. This number ranks the best of over 21,000 public and private golf courses across the country. Within these hundred courses, however, you want to look for resorts with package programs and golf lessons. Among the top 100, you will find that the major vacation destinations with golf resorts are in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, South Carolina and Texas. Let’s review these states for their best locations:
- In sunny, always-temperate Florida, Club Med’s Sandpiper Bay Golf Academy offers 2-day and 3-day golf courses. The academy includes all aspects of the game, such as Chipping, Putting, Bunker, Pitching and Lob Shot, Full Swing with Irons and Woods. A video analyzing your swing is provided, as well as an optional video comparing your swing to that of a professional player. There are also regional year-round golf resorts in and around Miami. Each resort offers on-site amenities and services, both on and off the course, and minutes from major Miami attractions such as South Beach and Miami MetroZoo. Here you will have many options during a golf vacation.
- Arizona has a climate that is suitable for many months of the year, and Scottsdale has nearly 200 golf courses, many of which have the scenic backdrop of the Sonoran Desert. It is a golf destination with golf schools and professional shops. Here, many resorts offer high-quality accommodation and championship golf courses. Most golf resorts offer packages where hotel guests can have reduced green fees. Also, Sedona, Arizona, offers numerous golf resorts with a mild year-round climate and spectacular red rock views.
- In California, Pebble Beach is known for being a small coastal golf destination nestled in beautiful Monterey County. It is home to the famous Pebble Beach Golf Links, Pebble Beach Lodge and the prestigious Inn in the Gulf of Spain. Every year, golfers return to rub shoulders with golf professionals and experience nature best on the magnificent golf course exhibited by leading golf course designers. The harmony of the golf layout and the majestic coastline are inspiring!
- Another golf paradise is conveniently located on the South Atlantic coast of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. It combines natural beauty and world-class golf on a barrier island 12 miles long and five miles wide. Nicklaus, Palmer and other golf legends have often played these championship courses. Since the first course was opened at Sea Pines in 1961, Harbor Town now has emerald connections and exclusive courses at Bluffton, as the Hilton Head area has become a major golf center. It is legendary for its amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean, picturesque swamps and sea forests with an abundance of wildlife. The temperate climate and year-round sunshine also make Hilton Head the ideal place to relax.
- Las Vegas, Nevada, is quietly emerging as one of the fastest growing golf destinations in the United States among the glamor and splendor of its casinos. The huge congress center of the city and countless hotel rooms make it a natural haven for large-scale golf events. With year-round sunshine and mild temperatures and plenty to do after a full day of golf from gambling to watching entertainment, this golf destination will continue to grow.
- CNN has ranked Austin, Texas No. 1 in golf at its Golf.com since 2010. Austin’s large courses are designed on the side of Texas Hill and are among the best in the United States. The region is highlighted by Wolfdancer Golf Club, which was named № 56 c Golf weekTop 100 Resort Golf Courses in 2009 As well as being a big city for contemporary music and home to numerous celebrities, Austin offers holiday golfers great barbecue, idyllic, year-round climate and luxurious accommodations.
Your best package deal will be in all-inclusive resorts, where airfare, accommodation, meals and golf activities are combined in one price. On the other hand, consider the traditional hotels and resorts in the proposed places. With a little online planning, one of the best golf resorts in the world may be your affordable choice. Enjoy the location, exploring the region as you improve your golf game and provide a joyful, well-surrounded holiday for your family and loved ones!
(c) 2012 Elizabeth Macmillion